NEA’s Response to the BEIS Call for Evidence on the future of the energy market. NEA recommends that in order to achieve the best outcomes for consumers, no matter how they engage, there should be:
- A social tariff in addition to the Default Tariff Price Cap and WHD.
- Additional regulatory protections for vulnerable households.
- An improvement of the experience of prepayment customers.
Additionally, the retail market needs to evolve in the following ways to enable a lowest-cost, flexible and resilient energy system that continues to protect consumers:
- Ensuring that the smart meter rollout works for prepayment customers
- Ensuring that the market works for those who are digitally excluded
- Ensuring that there is sufficient transparency in the energy market