Welcome and introduction
- Adam Scorer, Chief Executive, NEA
Panel | Key challenges and opportunities for vulnerable customers within retail markets
- Chair: Adam Scorer, Chief Executive, NEA
- Dan Alchin, Deputy Director of Retail, Energy UK
- Derek Lickorish MBE, Chair of Utilita
- Alex Belsham-Harris, Principal Policy Manager, Citizens Advice
- Meghna Tewari, Head of Retail Market Policy (Vulnerability, Business Consumers and Innovation Link), Ofgem
Panel | Existing support – how far does it take us?
NEA will provide a quick summary of current protections/support schemes and highlight what works, identify gaps and the policy opportunities are on the horizon to improve support.
This will be followed by reflections by our key sponsor Utilita and suggestions on how to improve outcomes in retail markets from the audience.
- Danni Barnes, Director of Operations, NEA
- Sasha Dixon, Customer Service Team Leader (Extra Care), Utilita
Virtual exhibition / networking space
Join our Business Supporters Group members for presentations and drop-in sessions. More details can be found on our website here. There is no need to pre-register and a separate Zoom meeting link will be sent to you.
Panel | Future of price protection as we transition to net zero
Session will look at how to ensure price protections support the most vulnerable households at the same time as decarbonising homes.
- Chair: Matt Copeland, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, NEA
- Josh Buckland, Partner, Flint Global
- Richard Hall, Chief Energy Economist, Citizens Advice
- Jess Cook, Project Development Manager (Water Poverty), NEA
- Rachel Gregory, Social Policy Manager, Christians Against Poverty
- Archie Lasseter, Sustainability Lead, Utilita
Panel | Getting smart
Session will look at how to maximise the remainder of the smart meter rollout and encouraging innovation.
- Chair: Danni Barnes, Director of Operations, NEA
- Fflur Lawton, Head of Public Affairs, Smart Energy GB
- Colin Griffiths, Policy Manager, Citizens Advice
- Liam Clark, Programme Director, Octopus Energy
- Maxine Frerk
Panel | Energy efficiency delivery and decarbonising our homes
Session will explore how to deliver energy efficiency improvements for vulnerable households as part of wider efforts to help decarbonise the built environment.
- Chair: Peter Smith, Director of Policy and Research, NEA
- Mike Childs, Head of Science, Policy and Research, Friends of the Earth
- Gearóid Lane, Chief Executive, Agility Eco
- Laura McGadie, Head of Energy, Energy Saving Trust
- Hannah Schmidt, Policy Adviser, Sustainable Energy Association
- Nick Johansen, Chief Operating Officer, Utilita