Fuel Poverty and Health
“I really enjoyed this webinar. NEA has wonderful tutors who are engaging and informative and always answer all my questions.”
The Fuel Poverty and Health webinar will look at the causes and impacts of fuel poverty with a focus on the health impacts. It aims to help delegates identify those likely to be at risk from fuel poverty and signpost to assistance.
Webinars are delivered live by our expert tutors to small groups to ensure a good level of interaction and support for learners.
This webinar is designed for anyone wanting to learn more about fuel poverty, its causes and links with physical and mental wellbeing.
- Explain causes of fuel poverty
- Identify health impacts of fuel poverty
- Explain causes of and remedies for condensation dampness
- Identify some of the assistance available to those at risk from fuel poverty
- The Low-income High Costs Indicator and the causes of fuel poverty
- How to identify those at risk of fuel poverty
- The health impacts of fuel poverty and damp homes
- The causes of condensation dampness/ mould and remedial actions that can be taken
- Assistance and sources of advice available to those struggling to heat their home adequately – including the Affordable Warmth Obligation of the Energy Company Obligation (ECO), the Warm Home Discount Scheme, Priority Services Register and fuel suppliers’ hardship funds for those struggling to pay their energy costs
- Additional information relating to COVID-19 – information for front-line workers on current advice agency and fuel supplier support for customers in relation to COVID-19
DURATION – 2.5 hour
HOW WILL THE WEBINAR WORK?
Webinars will be delivered live via Zoom (video conferencing facility) by our expert tutors to small groups to ensure a good level of interaction and support for learners. Participants will require a device with a camera and sound.
FEES (PER PERSON)
|NEA Members||Non Members|
|Not for profit organisations||£68 + VAT||£78 + VAT|
|Commercial organisations||£75 + VAT||£88 + VAT|
FUNDED PLACES: unfortunately all funded places have been allocated for the time being however there may be more available later in the year. Please keep an eye on this page for updates.
Group sessions are also available, for further details on fees please contact Lynsey Thompson.
New dates coming soon.
FURTHER INFORMATION FROM
Lynsey Thompson, Training Co-ordinator, NEA
Tel: 0191 261 5677