NEA’s energy awareness course will enable participants to advise clients on a range of issues including:
- The efficiency and appropriate use of heating and hot water systems and the functions of the controls
- Interpret domestic fuel cost data using reference materials
- Advise clients on how to record gas and electricity consumption and work out costs
- Inform clients of ways of paying for gas and electricity
- Identify the potential to improve energy efficiency in a range of dwellings
- Explain the Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
- Advise clients on how to avoid condensation and how to take remedial action where condensation dampness exists
Assessment will consist of a one day examination split into the following four sections:
Written Paper One
- Home Heating
- Bills, Meters and Paying for Fuel
Written Paper Two
- Cutting Down Heat Loss
- Condensation and Dampness
- Calculating running costs of household appliances
- Setting central heating programmers
No prior knowledge of the subject is required however as this is a level 3 qualification delegates will require basic literacy and numeracy skills.
The course will include written activities as well as calculating fuel bills; calculating running costs of electrical appliances and converting temperatures using simple formulas which will be provided.
Three days training plus a one-day examination
This course can also be delivered in-house to organisations wishing to train a group of staff.
Training Dates 2017 / 2018
Course fees (per person)
||Non NEA Members
|Not for profit organisations / charities
||£698 + VAT
||£808 + VAT
|Commercial / profit making organisations
||£818 + VAT
||£928 + VAT
For more information contact Lynsey Thompson.