National Energy Action (NEA) provides the secretariat for the APPG Fuel Poverty & Energy Efficiency in Parliament. Chaired by Ben Lake MP and with cross-party membership, the APPG exists to raise awareness of fuel poverty among parliamentarians, monitor progress against government targets and advocate policies that deliver affordable warmth for vulnerable households and improve energy efficiency. The group meets regularly throughout the year and coordinates a range of parliamentary activity to raise awareness of fuel poverty and energy efficiency.
- June 2023 | Energy Company Obligation (ECO) briefing: Getting Britain’s fuel poverty scheme on track
- Jan 2023 | APPG letter to Prime Minister and BEIS secretary of state re prepayment meters
- Jan 2023 | Statement from Ben Lake MP following statement on the actions required of government and Ofgem to support prepayment meter customers
- Dec 2022 | MPs and Peers from all parties show support for NEA’s Fuel Poverty Awareness Day
- Sep 2022 | APPG writes to Liz Truss government urging action to prevent fuel poverty emergency
- Aug 2022 | APPG officers in the media
- Jan 2022 | APPG writes to government