Energy Awareness 6281-01 (Level 3 Award)
Aimed at workers who deliver energy advice to households, either face to face or over the phone, this course will cover energy saving methods and other knowledge and skills required to deliver useful advice.
This is our most popular course, running for over 30 years with more than 26,000 learners to date.
As this is a level 3 qualification learners will require basic literacy and numeracy skills. The course and exam will include some written activities as well as calculating fuel bills; calculating running costs of electrical appliances and converting temperatures using simple formulas which will be provided.
For e-learning / online assessment, learners will need basic computer skills to navigate the e-learning (you can view a short sample of the course via the link further down this page).
The course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of energy advice and the knowledge required to deliver energy advice to householders.
- the efficiency and appropriate use of heating and hot water appliances and systems and the functions of the controls
- domestic fuel cost data using the domestic heat cost (Sutherland) tables
- how to record gas and electricity consumption and work out costs
- payment options for gas and electricity
- insulation methods for improving the energy efficiency of a range of building types
- Government assistance to help householders improve the energy efficiency of their homes, including the Affordable Warmth Obligation of the Energy Company Obligation
- the causes of condensation dampness, how to avoid condensation and remedial actions to combat existing condensation
This course can be delivered face-to-face in a classroom or online via E-Learning. Please select the relevant button below for further details on the course format, fees etc.