NEA welcomes the opportunity to respond to these two consultations on Ofwat’s charging rules and tariff innovation.
We outline a series of 14 recommendations across the two responses, focused on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- The additional guidance required by Ofwat to implement the principles proposed in their charging rules
- The safeguards required for customers, including a guarantee that low-income and/or vulnerable customers will never be worse-off due to participating in the trial
- The requirement to align tariff innovation with the customer licence condition currently under development
- The need to apply the principles of co-design in developing tariff trials
- The requirement to share learning.