PAYING FOR FUEL
The Paying for Fuel webinar is aimed at frontline workers with no prior knowledge of fuel statements, tariffs or switching.
The course will look at how we are charged for gas and electricity, the types of tariffs we use and how we can limit our expenditure. It will help delegates understand the content of fuel statements and how we can use the information to assist householders.
This programme of training is part of our Leicester Energy Action project and specifically aimed at learners based in the LE1 to LE5 postcode areas.
At a time when households are facing increasing costs for gas and electricity, the Paying for Fuel course is suitable for frontline staff and volunteers from organisations that regularly encounter and provide advice to those in or at risk of fuel poverty:
- households on a low income
- households in a vulnerable situation
- those who are struggling to understand and manage their household energy costs.
If your organisation is already a ‘go-to’ place for households experiencing difficulties with rising costs, this course will offer an introduction to useful information that will help in supporting households with energy costs, and which can complement existing advice.
It is ideal for individuals who have little or no prior knowledge of domestic gas / electricity meters, appliance running costs, fuel statements, tariffs or different payment methods.
- different types of meters and how to read them
- electricity consumption and running costs of household appliances
- different types of tariffs and payment methods
- fuel statements and how costs are calculated
- How energy is supplied in the domestic energy market
- Identifying types of meters and how to read them accurately
- Electrical appliance power ratings, consumption and running costs
- Gas and electricity tariffs and different payment methods
- Fuel statements and how these are calculated
- Additional information on statements
WEBINAR – delivered live by our expert tutors. We keep group sizes small to ensure a good level of interaction and support for learners.
We generally use Zoom (video conferencing facilities). To join the webinar, learners will require a suitable electronic device with sound and internet access and preferably a video camera and microphone.
Following the webinar learners will also receive a handout booklet covering the course topics.
This programme of training is part of our Leicester Energy Action project and specifically aimed at learners based in the LE1 to LE5 postcode areas. Places are available free of charge to non-commercial organisations in this area. Learners must also be frontline workers (staff or volunteers) that encounter those in or at risk of fuel poverty.
COURSE DATES / BOOKINGS
25 September 2023 (1:15pm registration for a 1:30pm start – 4:00pm) – CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Group sessions may also be available upon request to organisations wishing to train a number of learners at once. We can accommodate up to 20 learners per webinar.
Lynsey Thompson, Training Co-ordinator
“Excellent interactive training, thank you.”