Introduction to Domestic Energy Efficiency
Designed to provide a basic introduction to domestic energy efficiency for frontline staff providing householders with energy efficiency advice.
This programme of training is part of our Leicester Energy Action project and specifically aimed at learners based in the LE1 to LE5 postcode areas.
This course is designed to provide a basic introduction to domestic energy efficiency for frontline staff providing householders with energy efficiency advice.
The course aims to make delegates aware of how householders may be able to use their energy more efficiently and reduce possible waste whilst still maintaining a warm and comfortable home.
- heating systems and controls
- top tips for saving electricity
- heat loss in the home and insulation methods
- sources of advice and assistance
- Explain basic space heating appliances
- Explanation of some basic space heating and hot water controls including room thermostats, TRVs, storage heaters and programmers
- Tips for using energy more efficiency in relation to heating, hot water, lighting and appliances
- Examine heat loss in the home and insulation
- Explain some of the help and assistance available, including the Warm Home Discount Scheme, Winter Fuel Payment and Cold Weather Payment, Priority Service Register and the Affordable Warmth Obligation
WEBINAR – delivered live by our expert tutors. We keep group sizes small to ensure a good level of interaction and support for learners.
We generally use Zoom (video conferencing facilities). To join the webinar, learners will require a suitable electronic device with sound and internet access and preferably a video camera and microphone.
Following the webinar learners will also receive a handout booklet covering the course topics.
This programme of training is part of our Leicester Energy Action project and specifically aimed at learners based in the LE1 to LE5 postcode areas. Places are available free of charge to non-commercial organisations in this area. Learners must also be frontline workers (staff or volunteers) that encounter those in or at risk of fuel poverty.
Course dates / bookings
03 October 2023 (9:15am registration for a 9:30am start – 12:00pm) – CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Group sessions may also be available upon request to organisations wishing to train a number of learners at once. We can accommodate up to 20 learners per webinar.
Further details contact
Lynsey Thompson, Training Co-ordinator, NEA