National Energy Action
BUSINESS SUPPORTERS GROUP
The Business Supporters Group has been in existence for over 20 years and is extremely important to NEA. A strong relationship with the business community is vital to ensure the fuel poor can benefit from current schemes and technological developments. NEA’s campaigning activities would not be so effective without industry support.
Members of the Group are businesses with an interest in the domestic energy efficiency market including energy supply companies, scheme managers and consultants, manufacturers, insulation and central heating installers and component suppliers and manufacturers of renewable technology products.
A range of benefits are provided to members including:
- Two in-person mini conferences a year with the opportunity to engage with other members; present and showcase your organisation and keep updated on the latest policy developments from within the sector.
- Regular online NEA project meetings led by an NEA project manager, who will update members on key programmes and initiatives the charity is delivering and give members the opportunity to ask questions and discuss learning outcomes. ]
- Regular online BSG Member sessions. These are an opportunity for BSG members to showcase their current projects and initiatives to the BSG and wider membership group (over 500 standard members, including over 200 local authorities and housing associations). NEA will organise and host the meeting online (via Zoom) and BSG members will lead the session themselves.
- Policy updates. Lead by NEA’s Policy and Advocacy team, NEA will update members on key policy priorities and will solicit member feedback in response to policy consultations. Where appropriate, the timings for these updates will be planned around significant policy events (e.g. a budget or an update to the price cap).
- Free exhibition space and one delegate place at NEA’s annual conference giving members the opportunity to showcase their products and services to up to 300 delegates
- Members first policy, our commitment to always work with our members before others on projects and campaigns
- Discount on training courses, publications, and conference fees
- Access to NEA’s Research Team for up to date statistics and data
- Free subscription to members-only magazine Fuel Poverty Focus and the opportunity to contribute articles and showcase projects and initiatives
- Members-only monthly e-newsletter and the opportunity to contribute short notices
- Invitations to NEA events, Parliamentary receptions, and seminars throughout the year to network and build business relationships
- Potential opportunity to work with NEA’s technical team trialling new and innovative products for the benefit of fuel poor households.
The membership fees generated help to realise under-funded projects throughout the country that might not otherwise go ahead.
|Tier||Companies with an annual turnover of:|
|Tier 1||Over £5 million||£5,500 + VAT|
|Tier 2||Over £1 million and up to £5 million||£3,250 + VAT|
|Tier 3||£750,000 up to £1 million||£2,500 + VAT|
|Tier 4||Up to £750,000||£1,000 + VAT*|
*Please note that this rate does not include a free exhibition stand at NEA’s national conference, but a membership discount is available should you wish to purchase a stand.
For more information about the Business Supporters Group please contact the Partnerships team.
“We find the NEA Business Supporters Group to be hugely beneficial. Being a BSG member has allowed us to collaborate with other like-minded organisations in a positive yet friendly forum. This has produced new partnerships, such as our Energy Efficiency Referrals service with YES Energy Solutions, who are also a BSG member. Membership has also resulted in new projects with NEA, including the ground-breaking Social CMZ collaboration and the Young Carers project in association with many of the water companies in the south of England. These are opportunities we’d not be able access via other organisations.”Simon O’Loughlin, Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks