PAYING FOR FUEL
The Paying for Fuel webinar is aimed at frontline workers with no prior knowledge of fuel statements, tariffs or switching.
The course will look at how we are charged for gas and electricity, the types of tariffs we use and how we can limit our expenditure. It will help delegates understand the content of fuel statements and how we can use the information to assist householders.
At a time when households are facing increasing costs for gas and electricity, the Paying for Fuel course is suitable for frontline staff and volunteers from organisations that regularly encounter and provide advice to those in or at risk of fuel poverty:
- households on a low income
- households in a vulnerable situation
- those who are struggling to understand and manage their household energy costs.
If your organisation is already a ‘go-to’ place for households experiencing difficulties with rising costs, this course will offer an introduction to useful information that will help in supporting households with energy costs, and which can complement existing advice.
It is ideal for individuals who have little or no prior knowledge of domestic gas / electricity meters, appliance running costs, fuel statements, tariffs or different payment methods.
- different types of meters and how to read them
- electricity consumption and running costs of household appliances
- different types of tariffs and payment methods
- fuel statements and how costs are calculated
- How energy is supplied in the domestic energy market
- Identifying types of meters and how to read them accurately
- Electrical appliance power ratings, consumption and running costs
- Gas and electricity tariffs and different payment methods
- Fuel statements and how these are calculated
- Additional information on statements
Please note that the course content will focus mainly on England and Wales. If you are based in Northern Ireland or Scotland and interested in this course, please contact email@example.com before booking so we can discuss the main differences.
The course can be delivered online via webinar or face-to-face in a classroom. Please select the relevant button below for further details on the course format, fees, dates etc.
Lynsey Thompson, Training Co-ordinator
Telephone: 0191 261 5677
“Excellent interactive training, thank you.”