Introduction to Domestic Energy Efficiency
Designed to provide a basic introduction to domestic energy efficiency for frontline staff providing householders with energy efficiency advice.
The course aims to make delegates aware of how householders may be able to use their energy more efficiently and reduce possible waste whilst still maintaining a warm and comfortable home.
- heating systems and controls
- top tips for saving electricity
- heat loss in the home and insulation methods
- sources of advice and assistance
- Explain basic space heating appliances
- Explanation of some basic space heating and hot water controls including room thermostats, TRVs, storage heaters and programmers
- Tips for using energy more efficiently in relation to heating, hot water, lighting and appliances
- Examine heat loss in the home and insulation
- Explain some of the help and assistance available, including the Warm Home Discount Scheme, Winter Fuel Payment and Cold Weather Payment, Priority Service Register and the Affordable Warmth Obligation.
Please note that the course content will focus mainly on England and Wales. If you are based in Northern Ireland or Scotland and interested in this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking so we can discuss the main differences.
Please select the relevant button for further details.
Further details contact
Tracy Norris, NEA
Telephone: 0191 261 5677