The Level 3 Award in Energy Awareness 6281-01 has been running for over 27 years reaching more than 26,000 people and is now available as an online course.
This course will provide information to enable delegates to advise clients on a range of issues including:
- The efficiency and appropriate use of heating and hot water systems, and the functions of the controls
- Interpret domestic fuel cost data using reference materials
- Advise clients on how to record gas and electricity consumption and work out costs
- Inform clients of ways of paying for gas and electricity
- Identify the potential to improve energy efficiency in a range of dwelling
- Explain Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation
- Advise clients on how to avoid condensation and how to take remedial action where condensation dampness exists
How will the e-learning course work?
Delegates will have access to the course for four weeks and be able to study online at a time and location that is convenient to them. They will also receive a support file and copy of the Energy Advice in the Home text book to use during the course and for future reference. When ready, delegates will go on to sit the exam with an NEA registered examiner.
How will the assessment work?
The assessment consists of a one day examination split into four parts: two written papers and two practical exercises. This must be observed by an NEA registered examiner as a scheduled exam session.
Exam options are as follows:
Open access exam session – NEA offer a programme of open access courses at which exam sessions are also delivered, e-learning candidates may book onto one of these scheduled exam sessions. Locations are usually Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, London and Cardiff.
In-house exam session – NEA send an examiner out to your organisation to deliver the exam at a time and location that is convenient to you. This option is best for multiple delegates.
Individual and organisational licences are available, for further details please contact email@example.com
FURTHER DETAILS AND BOOKINGS
Lynsey Thompson, NEA
Tel: (0191) 2615677