This course is unavailable until further notice as we make updates.
Please note that we strongly recommend that individuals attend a classroom-based open access course rather than e-learning however if this isn’t a possibility details are as follows:
The e-learning Level 3 Award: Energy Awareness 6281-01 has been running for over 25 years reaching more than 25,000 people and is now available as an online course.
This course will provide information to enable delegates to advise clients on a range of issues including:
- The efficiency and appropriate use of heating and hot water systems, and the functions of the controls
- Interpret domestic fuel cost data using reference materials
- Advise clients on how to record gas and electricity consumption and work out costs
- Inform clients of ways of paying for gas and electricity
- Identify the potential to improve energy efficiency in a range of dwellings
- Explain Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation
- Advise clients on how to avoid condensation and how to take remedial action where condensation dampness exists
How will the e-learning course work?
Delegates will have access to the course for four weeks and be able to study online at a time and location that is convenient to them and when ready, go on to sit the exam with an NEA registered examiner.
How will the assessment work?
The assessment consists of a one day examination split into four parts: two written papers and two practical exercises. This must be observed by an NEA registered examiner.
Groups – organisations looking to train a group of staff would book an in-house exam session that would be delivered at their premises.
Individuals – as this version of the course isn’t geared up for individuals we don’t have any specific exam sessions scheduled, instead we will invite individuals to join one of the classroom based open access courses in order to sit the exam. Places are limited and dates / locations will depend on where the courses are taking place (this may result in delays and delegates may have to travel out of their local area).
Organisations training a group of staff may be interested in booking a revision training session to support delegates. This would be a 1 day training course tailored to meet the requirements of the group (we highly recommend this for delegates prior to sitting the exam). Unfortunately this option isn’t available for individual bookings.
Please contact Lynsey Thompson for details.
Further details and bookings
Lynsey Thompson, Training Co-ordinator
Tel: (0191) 2615677