NEA Northern Ireland
Introduction to Domestic Energy Efficiency
This course is designed to provide a basic introduction to domestic energy efficiency for frontline staff providing householders with energy efficiency advice.
The course aims to make delegates aware of how householders may be able to use their energy more efficiently and reduce possible waste whilst still maintaining a warm and comfortable home.
- heating systems and controls
- top tips for saving electricity
- heat loss in the home and insulation methods
- sources of advice and assistance
- Explain basic space heating appliances
- Explanation of some basic space heating and hot water controls including room thermostats, TRVs, storage heaters and programmers
- Tips for using energy more efficiency in relation to heating, hot water, lighting and appliances
- Examine heat loss in the home and insulation
- Explain some of the help and assistance available
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELATING TO COVID-19 – offer information for frontline workers on current advice agency and fuel supplier support for customers in relation to Covid-19
How will the online e-learning course work?
Delegates will have access to the course for four weeks and be able to study online at a time and location that is convenient to them.
Organisation licences are also available to organisations wishing to train a large number of staff. The organisation licence includes an additional slide which can be tailored to include information specifically relevant to their organisation such as their logo and information about what assistance and schemes they are able to offer locally. This slide is included within the licence fee however additional slides can be added for a fee is required.
Tutor support will be available via telephone / video call.
Suggested study time
This course will take approximately 2 hours to complete however each learner is different and e-learning offers the flexibility to study at your own pace.
Further details, fees and booking please contact
Nichola MacDougall, Training Officer
NEA NI Tel: 028 9023 9909