NEA Northern Ireland
Fuel Poverty and Health
The Fuel Poverty and Health webinar will look at the causes and impacts of fuel poverty with a focus on the health impacts. It aims to help delegates identify those likely to be at risk from fuel poverty and signpost to assistance.
Webinars are delivered live by our expert tutors to small groups to ensure a good level of interaction and support for learners.
This webinar is designed for anyone wanting to learn more about fuel poverty, its causes and links with physical and mental wellbeing.
- Explain causes of fuel poverty
- Identify health impacts of fuel poverty
- Explain causes of and remedies for condensation dampness
- Identify some of the assistance available to those at risk from fuel poverty
- Definition of fuel poverty in Northern Ireland and the causes of fuel poverty
- How to identify those at risk of fuel poverty using risk factors and triggers
- The health impacts of fuel poverty and damp homes
- Heat loss within the home
- The causes of condensation dampness/ mould and remedial actions that can be taken
- Assistance and sources of advice available to those struggling to heat their home adequately – including Grants and Schemes available in Northern Ireland.
- Additional information relating to COVID-19 – information for front-line workers on current advice agency and fuel supplier support for customers in relation to COVID-19
How will the webinar work?
Webinars will be delivered live via Zoom (video conferencing facility) by our expert tutors to small groups to ensure a good level of interaction and support for learners. Participants will require a device with a camera and sound.
Individual places are available at a fee of £68 plus VAT for non-commercial organisations and £75 plus VAT for commercial organisations.
In-house options are also available to organisations wishing to train a group of their staff/volunteers.
Further information from
Nichola MacDougall, Training Officer, NEA NI
Tel: 028 9023 9909