NEA is a membership organisation whose members include local authorities, housing associations, health agencies, charities, community groups and contracted installers through energy provider schemes.
NEA relies on its members, both as a source of income and for support in achieving the charity’s aims and objectives.
By becoming a member of NEA, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Discount on training courses, publications and conference fees (simply state you are a member when making the request for any of these services and quote your membership number). Please note that the Local Authority Lower Rate does not include this benefit.
- Free subscription NEA Focus magazine, published quarterly to keep members informed of NEA’s work and showcase members’ initiatives in combating fuel poverty.
- Monthly e-newsletter which keeps members informed of policy and legislative changes and allows members to contribute to the fuel poverty debate.
- Access to NEA’s Research Team who can provide assistance in compiling excess winter death and estimated fuel poverty figures for local authority districts and wards.
- Invitations to NEA national and regional events including regional Fuel Poverty Forums and other seminars as they are organised; an invitation to the annual members’ reception held in the House of Commons, giving members the opportunity to meet their MPs and discuss issues pertinent to fuel poverty within the local area.
England, Wales and Scotland
|Community and voluntary groups with a turnover of less than £250k per year / Citizens Advice||£75 + VAT|
|Local authorities/housing associations||£300 + VAT||£75 + VAT*|
|Other organisations including small business with turnover of less than £500k||£300 + VAT|
*LA/HA/CA lower rate does not include the training course discount
|Community and voluntary groups with a turnover of less than £250k per year||£50 + VAT|
|Local authorities/housing associations||£180 + VAT||£75 + VAT*|
|Other organisations including small business with turnover of less than £500k||£180 + VAT|
*LA/HA lower rate does not include the training course discount
Membership runs for 12 months.
What do NEA’s members say about being a member of NEA?
Derby City Council
“As a local authority, we benefit from the information and guidance that NEA produces with regard to home energy efficiency and fuel poverty – in particular, through regular briefings and newsletters, and NEA Focus members’ newsletter. We also benefit from the sharing of information on good practice by attending NEA’s Fuel Poverty Forums and other events. All in all, it’s definitely money well spent!”
Richard Murrell, Principal Home Energy Advisor, Derby City Council
Auriga Services Ltd.
“To become an NEA member was the natural step for our business growth and allowed us to have access and be part of their excellent training, research and policy papers. The networking opportunities and events are always superbly organised and have given us new openings in this arena.”
Carol Arnold, Auriga Services Ltd.
For more information contact Brian Hart, External Affairs Officer or call 0191 269 2906.Published on 05-10-2018