Smart Energy GB in Communities
Thank you for choosing to apply to become a Smart Energy GB partner to deliver the message about smart meters to local communities. We really need organisations like yours to help us to ensure people in vulnerable circumstances have the opportunity to engage, understand and benefit from the smart meter rollout.
During 2021, two funding streams are available, each targeting a specific audience:
1) Grants for organisations reaching people who are offline. The total amount of funding requested should be between £15,000 and £25,000.
2) Grants for organisations reaching people on a low income. The total amount of funding requested should be between £7,500 and £10,000.
For detailed guidance about the fund, this year’s two separate target audiences, and how to complete the online application, download the guidance document.
There are three elements to completing an application for funding
1) Download and complete a Project Plan. (Please only use the 2021 template. You should discard any from previous funding rounds). Your completed Project Plan must be submitted with your application.
2) Complete the application form.
3) We ask for a number of documents (or their equivalent) to be submitted as part of our due diligence process including your organisation’s:
- Coronavirus policy
- Health and safety policy
- Safeguarding policy
- General Data Protection Regulation policy
- Customer code of practice
- Public liability insurance
- Employers liability insurance
- Professional indemnity/contract liability (or tell us why you don’t have this)
- Bank statement or paying-in slip or cancelled cheque (from within the last three months)
- Audited accounts or independently examined accounts for the last two years (if you are unable to provide these please tell us why).
As part of the application process, along with your application form and project plan, you are required to submit these documents using the upload document facility in the application form, by 12 noon on Friday 12 February 2021. Please do not submit your final application without these documents.
Your application cannot be processed without completing all three elements.
If you experience any difficulties in completing the application please contact email@example.com or call 07566789483.
Choose the target group you wish to submit a grant application for:
You can apply for both funding streams, but you must complete two separate application forms, each setting out how you would identify, engage and support people in the relevant target group.