The project was led by Cheshire East Council and had the following aims:
- Install domestic battery systems in 22 socially rented homes with solar PV in Macclesfield and Knutsford.
- Assess the performance of the Powervault G200 system with 4kWh lead acid batteries
- Assess levels of resident satisfaction with the technology
- Determine the battery performance over about 2 years, quantifying the savings for the residents from the batteries and the associated solar PV systems
- Consider any challenges associated with deployment and operation of the technology