The project was delivered by Cheshire West and Chester Council and involved installing measures in 52 park home properties built pre-1996 at the Orchard Park site in Elton. All properties received insulation, with 15 of these also receiving Vent-Axia single room heat recovery systems, usually one unit in the bathroom and one in the kitchen.
The aims of the project were:
- To establish how Cheshire West and Chester Council could help park home households improve the thermal efficiency of their households.
- To reduce energy bills and improve health and wellbeing for park home households in Cheshire West and Chester (CWaC).
- To produce detailed case studies, establish show homes, and inform national best practice.
- To develop a business case for funding and finances to be better allocated on a local and national basis.
The technologies installed were:
- Alumasc Swisstherm External Wall Insulation System;
- YBS Foil Tech Underfloor Insulation;
- URSA Glasswool (blown loft insulation system);
- Vent-Axia Lo-Carbon Tempra Through-The-Wall Heat Recovery Unit (HRU).
Download the full report here