Take Control: Addressing fuel poverty and fuel debt in communities
NEA is currently delivering a ‘Take Control’ project which which aims to reduce the wider impacts of fuel poverty and fuel debt for households across England through the provision of FREE advice provision and FREE fuel debt training for frontline organisations working in the voluntary/community and statutory sectors.
A limited number of FREE energy awareness sessions and energy bill management advice surgeries/ 1:1 energy advice are on offer to organisations to help individuals likely to be at risk of / or experiencing fuel poverty (including those on low incomes/ benefits; older people; those living with a disability or long-term illness; low income households with children under 5 years or disabled children; low income mums to be etc.)
Awareness sessions and energy advice support aim to help individuals:
- To be more energy efficient
- To better manage their energy use and energy bills
- To access appropriate energy tariff and payment options as well as insulation and heating schemes
- To access income maximisation, money and debt advice support
- To sign-up for Warm Home Discount, Priority Services Register and other services.
Energy advice surgeries and 1:1 support aim to help individuals to access entitlements and deal with bill management and other relevant issues.
NEA is issuing a FREE bespoke ‘Take Control’ booklet to all advice recipients to aid service signposting and referral to relevant services.
The Take Control project is national but has a key focus in the East Midlands, London, North East, South East, West Midlands and the Yorkshire & the Humber areas. For enquiries about FREE energy advice services contact:
- East Midlands – Helen Carter on 07715 527 102 (email: email@example.com) or Elizabeth Lamming on 07803 507 952 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nicky Swetnam on 07714 291 064 (email: email@example.com)
- London – Tom Welfare on 07710 710 866 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- North East – contact (NE) Ailsa Park on 0191 269 2929 (email: email@example.com) or Josh Sawyer on 0191 269 2941 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- South East – contact Rebecca Jones on 01273 810 230 (email: email@example.com)
- West Midlands – Andy Littlewood on 02476 559 191 (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yorkshire & the Humber – Diane Bland on 01609 767 092 (email email@example.com)
For general enquiries about the Take Control project contact Malcolm Dove at NEA on 0191 269 2932 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
NEA is also offering a limited number of FREE Fuel Debt In the Community training courses to frontline organisations working with individuals likely to be at risk of / or experiencing fuel poverty. Trainees are also given the opportunity to take an open book examination following this training for a level 2 award. This training is CPD certified. Contact Tracy Norris, at NEA on 0191 269 2931 for more information.
The Take Control project is a Warm Home Discount Industry Initiatives supported project.
Published on 28-08-2018