Improving Energy Efficiency In Communities
In 2018-2019 NEA is continuing the roll-out of its successful Warm Home Discount Industry Initiative supported ‘Improving Energy Efficiency In Communities Project’ which aims to reduce the wider impacts of fuel poverty for households across England.
The project provides FREE basic energy awareness training to frontline practitioners within voluntary and statutory organisations who are in contact with low income and other vulnerable households at risk of fuel poverty. Training aims to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge to better identify and assist households who struggle to manage their energy needs and to maintain a warm and healthy home.
Organisations can also benefit from FREE energy advice surgeries/ awareness sessions to help their service users to better manage their energy use, access appropriate energy tariff and payment options as well as insulation and heating schemes, income maximisation, money and debt advice services.
NEA is providing all trainees and energy advice recipients with copies of a bespoke information leaflet to aid service signposting and referral.
The Improving Energy Efficiency In Communities project is national but has a key focus in the East Midlands, London, North East, North West, South East, South West and the Yorkshire & the Humber areas.
For enquiries about FREE energy advice surgeries /energy awareness sessions in these areas contact:
- East Midlands – contact Elizabeth Lamming at NEA (Grimsby) on 07803 507 952 (email: Elizabeth.Lamming@nea.org.uk) or Helen Carter at NEA (Mansfield) on 07715 527 102 (email: Helen.Carter@nea.org.uk)
- London – contact Tom Welfare at NEA London on 07710 710 866 (email Tom Welfare@nea.org.uk)
- North East – contact Ailsa Park-Smith at NEA (Head Office) on 0191 269 2940 (email Ailsa.email@example.com) or Maureen Fildes on 0191 269 2929 (email: Maureen.Fildes@nea.org.uk)
- North West – contact Jimmy Pugh at NEA (Liverpool) on 0151 728 7678 (email: Jimmy.Pugh@nea.org.uk)
- South East – contact Rebecca Jones at NEA (Brighton) on 07738 417 448 (email: Rebecca.Jones@nea.org.uk)
- South West – contact Louise Evans at NEA (Taunton) on 07730760828 (email: Louise.Evans@nea.org.uk)
- Yorkshire and the Humber – contact Diane Bland at NEA (Northallerton) on 07855 863 312 (email: Diane.Bland@nea.org.uk) or Elizabeth Lamming at NEA (Grimsby) on 07803 507 952 (email: Elizabeth.Lamming@nea.org.uk)
For enquiries about FREE awareness/ advice sessions in all other areas (and all general enquiries) contact Malcolm Dove at NEA on 0191 269 2932 (email: Malcolm.Dove@nea.org.uk).
For enquiries about FREE basic energy awareness training for frontline staff across England contact Tracy Norris, Business Support Officer at NEA on 0191 269 2946 (email Tracy.Norris@nea.org.uk).
Published on 14-09-2018