Improving Energy Efficiency in Communities
In 2019-2020 NEA is rolling out its ‘Improving Energy Efficiency In Communities’ Project which aims to reduce the wider impacts of fuel poverty for households across England through training, advice provision and income maximisation and claims support.
FREE training is available to frontline practitioners within voluntary and statutory organisations who are in contact with low income and other vulnerable households at risk of fuel poverty. Training aims to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge to better identify and assist households who struggle to manage their energy needs and to maintain a warm and healthy home. Courses on offer this year include:
- An introduction to domestic energy efficiency
- Identifying vulnerable situations and fuel poverty
- Changing energy-related behaviour and fuel poverty
- Tackling fuel poverty and fuel debt in the private-rented sector
- Smart meters for communities
For enquiries about FREE training for frontline staff across England contact Lynsey Thompson on 0191 269 2931.
Organisations can also benefit from FREE energy awareness sessions and energy advice provision to help their service users to better manage their energy use, access appropriate energy tariff and payment options as well as insulation and heating schemes, income maximisation, money and debt advice services. NEA is also providing all trainees and energy advice recipients with copies of a bespoke information leaflet to aid service signposting and referral.
For enquiries about FREE awareness sessions and energy advice support contact the following NEA officers:
- East Midlands – contact Elizabeth Lamming at NEA (Grimsby) on 07803 507 952 or Helen Carter at NEA (Mansfield) on 07715 527 102
- London – contact Tom Welfare at NEA London on 07710 710 866
- North East – contact Ailsa Park-Smith at NEA (Head Office) on 0191 269 2940 or Maureen Fildes on 0191 269 2929
- North West – contact Jimmy Pugh at NEA (Liverpool) on 0151 728 7678
- South East – contact Rebecca Jones at NEA (Brighton) on 07738 417 448
- South West – contact Louise Evans at NEA (Taunton) on 07730760828 or Bethany Steer at NEA (Dorchester) on 07703819562
- Yorkshire and the Humber – contact Diane Bland at NEA (Northallerton) on 07855 863 312 or Elizabeth Lamming at NEA (Grimsby) on 07803 507 952
For enquiries about FREE awareness/ advice sessions in all other areas (and all general enquiries) contact Malcolm Dove at NEA on 0191 269 2932.
The Improving Energy Efficiency In Communities project is a Warm Home Discount Industry Initiatives supported project.
Published on 10-06-2019