Fuel Debt Advice in the Community: Free one-day training
NEA Cymru is inviting expressions of interest in our FREE one-day Fuel Debt Advice in the Community training
Who is it for?
The Fuel Debt Advice in the Community training course, accredited by City & Guilds, is an ideal introduction for advice workers involved with clients who are in fuel debt or for the more experienced advisor as an update. It aims to give participants a clearer understanding of the pathways involved in resolving fuel debt and covers the main issues including:
- causes of fuel debt
- responsibilities (customer, fuel supplier, landlord)
- payment options and switching suppliers
- meter and billing problems
- complaints procedures
- grants and assistance available
Duration: 1 day
Benefits of attending to individuals
- gain knowledge and confidence to provide fuel debt advice
- receive an accompanying fuel debt training manual resource
- opportunity to gain a Level 2 City & Guilds qualification
- receive ongoing support and guidance via quarterly Fuel Debt Bulletins
- opportunity to further enhance your knowledge and network with other advisors via our Fuel Debt Masterclasses
Benefits of attending for your clients
- negotiate better outcomes for your clients
- free clients from the stress and ill health caused by overwhelming debt
- help clients in hardship to switch energy supplier, apply for energy rebates and extra services
- increase take up in Wales of energy efficiency schemes
- This course can be delivered on an open access basis or ‘in-house’ by organisations wishing to train a group of staff (limited to one ‘in-house’ course per organisation)
- Places are strictly limited and open to frontline advice and community workers who work with low income and vulnerable clients either in, or at risk of, fuel poverty. (Participants will need to complete a short pre course questionnaire to evidence this).
- A number of participants will also have the opportunity to undertake an open book exam to gain a City & Guilds accredited Level 2 Award in Fuel Debt in the Community 6281-16.
- In order to evidence how delegates are using the training, we ask each participant to provide a brief case study following their attendance on the course (a template is provided to assist you).
- Places will be allocated at NEA Cymru’s discretion.
To register your interest please complete and submit the form below.