Forthcoming Budget – Please help us create a Fair Energy Future for All
As you may be aware, the Budget will take place on 6 November. Below is NEA’s Budget submission. As you will see, we make five key recommendations for moving rapidly towards net-zero whilst creating a Fair Energy Future for All:
- Urgently introduce a new ‘Net-Zero Fuel Poverty Challenge Fund’
- Extend and expand energy rebates and advice to manage bills via the Warm Home Discount (WHD)
- Drive up efficiency standards in the Private Rented and Social Housing sectors
- Sustain preventative health-related fuel poverty initiatives
- Designate domestic energy efficiency a National Infrastructure Priority within the upcoming National Infrastructure Strategy and develop a detailed action plan for a comprehensive Buildings Energy Efficiency Infrastructure Programme
Also below you can download the report we published with our campaign partners recently, “Net Zero Litmus Test”; and the declaration we have produced. I would like to emphasise how important it will be for you to make similar representations if we are to make progress towards these aims. We would welcome any support you can provide but particularly including our recommendations alongside you own submissions.
If you are not familiar with the process, further information on how to make a Budget Submission can be found here. If you don’t have time to develop a full response you can also send in your ideas to HMT online here [which closes on 30 October] or write a letter to the Chancellor, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, the Secretary of State or Minister of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and James Heappey MP, PPS to the Prime Minister.
If you would like any support to do this, need contact information or local fuel poverty statistics or if you have any queries on the priority areas we have highlighted in our own submission, please feel free to get in touch with Peter Smith, Director of Policy and Research at email@example.com. Please also copy in Matt Copeland, Policy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will come back to you as soon as possible.
Many thanks in advance for any support you are able to provide.