Energy efficient solutions for New Charter Housing Trust Group (CP749)
||New Charter Housing Trust Group
||Warm Front Ltd
||This project will install a combination of technologies in a mixture of social housing and private tenure domestic properties. Through the installation of Flue Gas Heat Recovery (FGHR), Hard to Treat Cavity Wall Insulation, wireless room thermostats and TRVs NEA and New Charter will be able to assess the most effective combination of measures.The combined effect of these products will be reducing energy bills through energy efficiency and through giving the householder more control over their heating use.
||We will monitor properties having FGHR boilers only, properties having HTT cavity insulation only and properties receiving both measures. These will be compared against those having new boilers not including FGHR, and uninsulated properties, if they can be found.Households will be interviewed to capture behaviours and previous energy expenditure, which will be reported on along with data logger information.Thermal data logging will be conducted using recognised calibrated standalone devices, and manual gas meter readings will be taken by project staff and householders. Monitoring will be for 12 months, and will include a full winter heating period.
- These measures will be installed within properties of similar tenure and type, allowing for comparable data to be obtained. Data will be used to provide evidence on the relative effects of each technology functioning on an individual basis in comparison to a whole house retrofit approach.
- Energy use will be monitored to provide evidence of the most effective combinations of technology in various property types.
- Householders will benefit by having more control over their heating system.
|REGION IN WHICH PROJECT WILL BE DELIVERED:
|| North West
|LOCAL AUTHORITY AREA/KEY LOCATIONS IN WHICH PROJECT WILL BE DELIVERED:
||Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council
|DETAILS OF TECHNOLOGIES TRIALLED:
- Flue Gas Heat Recovery (FGHR): built in using Ideal Code Boilers
- Honeywell programmable wireless room thermostats
- TRVs: Honeywell or Warwick in-house valves
- Hard-to-treat Cavity Wall Insulation
Published on 02-02-2017
|ELIGIBLE HOUSEHOLDS ASSISTED
|NEA GRANT WITH MATCH FUNDING