It’s only right that everyone should be able to stay warm and healthy at home. However, rising energy costs, low incomes and energy-inefficient homes are restricting people’s options, leaving them in impossible situations like having to choose to heat their home, buy food, or pay their rent.
Our Warm and Safe Homes (WASH) advice service provides a lifeline for those struggling to stay afloat. Through funding streams such as Warm Home Discount Industry Initiatives, we’re able to provide a range of advice and support, either directly to householders or working through community groups and other service-providers. This includes:
- Income maximisation and benefits entitlement checks, including support with making a claim
- Advice on how to make the home more energy efficient so you can keep warmer for less
- Support with accessing grants and rebates, such as the Warm Home Discount and Energy Company Obligation funding
- Advice on managing fuel debt and using prepayment meters
- Referrals to other organisations who may provide additional support
In 2020-21 we’ll be helping more than 5,000 people stay warm and safe at home. People can refer themselves to our WASH advice service, or others can do so on their behalf. Our advice services can also be incorporated into other projects involving the installation of measures and/or with a whole-community approach.