Understanding fuel poverty and health
The Understanding fuel poverty and health course is aimed at those wanting to learn more about fuel poverty, its causes and links with physical and mental wellbeing. The course will enable delegates to identify those likely to be at risk from fuel poverty and signpost to assistance.
- Define fuel poverty and identify the causes
- Identifying those at risk of fuel poverty using risk factors and triggers
- Explain the health impacts of fuel poverty and those who are at risk
- Identify the areas of heat loss within the home
- Explain the causes of condensation dampness / mould and remedial actions that can be taken
- State assistance and sources of advice available to those struggling to heat their home adequately – including the Affordable Warmth Obligation of the Energy Company Obligation (ECO): Help to Heat
- Half day (3 hours)
- This course can be delivered in-house to organisations wishing to train a group of staff.
Fees, further details and bookings
Please contact Lynsey Thompson or call 0191 251 5677