This course provides an introductory level of training in money management and budgeting skills, how to deal with personal debt and where to seek assistance.
It is suitable for frontline staff to understand good personal budgeting skills and how to avoid domestic fuel debt.
- Money management and personal budgeting
- Income maximisation
- Causes of debt
- Priority and non-priority debts
- The consequences of different types of debts
- Where to seek assistance with debt
- Attending a money advice appointment
- Avoiding fuel debt – consumer responsibilities
- Common meter issues causing debt
- Understanding gas and electricity bills
- Different fuel payment options and tariffs
- How to find the best domestic energy deal
- Grants and assistance available
Who should attend?
As this is an introductory level course it is aimed at frontline staff with no or very little experience of money management or debt advice. Likewise if you have specialist staff within your organisation that focus on these areas this course won’t be relevant.
Course dates / locations
There are not dates currently arranged. Sessions can be delivered in-house if you have a group of people to train.
Please contact Lynsey Thompson.
Further details and bookings
E: Lynsey Thompson
T: 0191 261 5677