What to do if something goes wrong

If you or someone you are working with has a problem with their energy supplier you should always follow the complaints process.

If something has gone wrong with any part of your smart meter installation it is important that you notify your supplier as soon as possible so they can put it right.

You should first contact your energy supplier with the nature of the complaint and allow them time to respond. If after eight weeks you have not had a response, your problem is not resolved or you receive a deadlock letter – you can escalate your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.

A deadlock letter is a letter sent by the supplier at the point where the supplier does not intend to take any further action to resolve the complaint.

You can file the complaint with the Energy Ombudsman by phoning 0330 440 1624

If you require further advice, contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 03454 04 05 06.

The Energy Ombudsman has prepared some guidance on making a complaint – take a look here.

To download this information as a Word document click here.

Published on 29-08-2017
Menu Title