When NEA was established in 1981, it began implementing small scale draught proofing measures on people’s homes, to immediately improve their quality of life.
As technology has evolved, so have we.The technical team are part of NEA’s Development and Delivery department, and are totally dedicated to ensuring that new technology and products are evaluated, and their applicability to reducing fuel poverty are promoted to fuel poor householders, policymakers and housing owners.We work hard to ensure that the benefits of renewable technologies and advances in insulation and new products are used to best effect in improving the living conditions of people living in fuel poverty.
Types of projects we undertake include:
- Monitoring real-life performance of systems in real homes – not laboratory tests.
- Assessing resident satisfaction
- Developing partnerships and financial models to improve access to technologies, working with manufacturers, energy companies and funders to ensure maximum benefit is achieved in the communities.
- Helping to ensure product literature is accurate and easy for users to understand.
- Sharing findings of trials and research with communities, local, national and international partners.
NEA strives to alleviate fuel poverty, through promoting the use of modern independently evaluated technology, to residents, housing providers and government.
If you are new to the idea of how low carbon technologies can help alleviate fuel poverty, see the section on New Technology, and to see more information on Current Projects, please see this section.
The technical team would be delighted to discuss any project with manufacturers, housing providers or any interested party.NEA technical staff are always looking to evaluate technical products with a view to improving the lives of people living in fuel poverty.We can monitor evaluate and report on the success of housing refurbishment, insulation or heating system upgrades, and larger community heating initiatives.We would be pleased to discuss any potential project with you.NEA always incorporates real people’s views and experiences in any technical report.After all – it is people we are concerned with.
Please see our Technical Consultancy page for further details and contacts.