Community Action Partnership
NEA Cymru worked closely with stakeholders of the Cardiff Affordable Warmth steering group to develop activities to support Cardiff Council’s affordable warmth strategy 2012-17.
As part of the steering group, stakeholders contributed to achieve objectives set in an action plan which aimed to shape the fuel poverty, fuel debt and energy efficiency activities being delivered in Cardiff in 2014-16.
NEA Cymru provided secretariat for the Cardiff Affordable Warmth steering group and its quarterly meetings and supported their action plan through a number of activities, including
- Providing training for 204 front-line workers (including support workers, money advisers and health visitors), private landlords and letting agents, and student support services staff, all working with low-income and vulnerable households
- Reaching 801 people through community events including a Winter Warmth Fayre in Ely, Cardiff and a housing fair for students
- Engaging 1234 stakeholders via a variety of activities including:
- A stakeholder workshop to input ideas into the activity in Cardiff
- Engagement with members of the Cardiff Affordable Warmth Steering Group
- Developing a fuel poverty referral pen and toolkit for front line support workers
- Producing a fuel poverty guide for Cardiff
- Compiling fuel poverty statistics for Cardiff
- Information leaflets for private sector tenants and social housing tenants
- A workshop to support the effective targeting of the Welsh Government’s Nest fuel poverty scheme and to increase referrals from disadvantaged groups